High Five for Friday #7


Welcome to another "High Five for Friday" where I recap 5 great things from my past week. I realized I hadn't done one in a few weeks so figured it was high time I let you know what's been going on in my life! Here goes:

1) Dance Class:
I have fallen off the wagon with my workout schedule since my dance performance at the end of June. On Monday I took my first dance class since then and it was so, so good! Not only did I feel physically better having worked out, but I felt mentally more clam and clear. Working out is a huge factor in my emotional well being for sure!





2) Outdoor Movie:
On Tuesday night my friend Natalia & I went to a sing-along, outdoor showing of Greece. Every Tuesday during the summer outdoor movies are shown in Stanley Park (our massive local park) which I just think is such a great city event! We had a ton of fun watching (read: giggling/singing along to) Greece, and I will definitely be attending again before the summer is over! I think next week they are playing Top Gun which, clearly, will be awesome.




3) Fireworks:
Wednesday night a group of friends and I went down to the beach to watch the third of three nights of fireworks as part of the Celebration of Light in Vancouver. They fireworks were spectacular and I just generally love evenings spent on the beach.


4) Interesting Reads
:

I almost always include something that I've read this week as one of my "5 great things" (blame the 8 years of post-secondary education for the fact that I read CONSTANTLY haha). Anyway, this week I read a couple things worth mentioning here:

THIS kick butt article, "26, unmarried & childless". This really hit home for me. It talks about how people always ask "what's next?" which, though harmless, can cause a lot of stress. It's a great reminder for us to focus on "what's now" both in on our own lives and when inquiring about others.

THIS article on tips for avoiding junk food even when you are crazy busy. (sidenote: this comes from Kayla Itsines' website - her workouts are what I am doing right now and I love them)

THIS interesting new fashion trend. Hmm I actually love the idea of having MORE space to put things, but don't know if I'd just get annoyed with this. What do you guys think?! I may try it out in the fall and see how it feels.


** I didn't know what photo to put here, so here is a shot of me reading a legal book (the laws of England) from the SIXTEEN HUNDREDS. Law nerd'ing it up harrrrrd at this fact**

5) Potluck Dinner:

Last night I went to a pot luck dinner at a friend's house. I decided to make something sweet from my pinterest board, and ended up going with these salted caramel dark chocolate dipped marshmallows. It was such a quick and easy recipe (that was a total hit!) so I definitely recommend it.




 




























AND before I finish this post I have to share with you my 
latest picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale! These are all "wear to work" items that I haven't shown you before. The sale ends on Monday so be sure to head on over and order right away!! See the links below the photos to each item or scroll through the widget to click on any item.




Linking up with:
High Five for Friday
Five things Friday
Fab Favorites
friday finds
friday favorites
oh hey friday
style saturday 

5 comments

  1. I used to dance & I miss it! It was the best workout! I need to find another dance class to do soon...That outdoor movie looks like SOOO much fun! My husband & I are going to the drive in movie soon (once the weather stops being 100+)! Although I'm not a law nerd, I am a chemistry nerd all the way and I love digging through old chem books from the 1800s, so funny what they thought about science back then! I hope you have an awesome weekend!

    Alexis @ www.chemistrycachet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah nice! Ya it really is such a great whole body workout, you should totally find a studio to drop into! Holy cow 100+ degree weather!?! Ya id say thats too hot for the drive in! haha
      Haha yay chemistry nerd! The old books are definitely super interesting.

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Xo
      Lee

      Delete
  2. Your marshmellow dessert looks increadible! Literally mouthwatering over here haha. The outdoor movie is so fun too! Nothing beats it in the summertime. Great Nsale picks too.

    amandabrezovsky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda!!!! <3 Hope you are having a great weekend!

      Xo
      Lee

      Delete
  3. I have always wanted to watch an outdoor movie but have never had the chance. It sounds like so much fun! I'm glad you had the chance to go to the beach over the weekend. I bet the fireworks were beautiful. Thanks for linking up to H54F!

    Della @ Della Devoted
    www.delladevoted.com

    ReplyDelete

© LegalLee Blonde

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig