Transitioning Office to Night: Summer Edition

office-outfit-transition-to-night-timeideas-for-summer-work-wear

comfortable-black-suede-heels

black-blazer-outfit-idea

summer-outfit-black-wedges

statement-earrings

wear-to-work-best-tshirt


white-shorts-black-top
Office Look: 
Similar Blazer

Evening Look:

Being able to easily "transition" your office outfit into your evening outfit is so fantastic. The right plan for doing this saves you time (who wants to go home and change?!) and saves you lugging around an entirely new outfit all day. You may remember me doing a transitioning office to night post last winter. I wanted to show you a similar post to help you take your summer office wear seamlessly into your evening.

Below are my tips for summer office to evening styling!

1. Select the right top

I am wearing a tee under my blazer that has enough detailing to make it interesting for the evening. The lace detailing up the sides and the deep-v are perfect for this. In order to make it work appropriate however, I tuck the tee in more at the back (creating a far less deep v, with no cleavage) and the lace sides are covered by the blazer. Tip 1 for seamlessly going office to fun is to pick a top with these characteristics!

2. Shorts
With this outfit all I had to bring to work for my evening outfit was earrings, wedges, and a change of bottoms. The easiest way to make your work look fun for the evening is to change into a pair of simple shorts! 

3. Change of Shoes
Switching from your work heels to a summer wedge keeps things casual and night time appropriate. 

4. Add Some Sparkle!
An easy way to add more fun to your work look (quickly, and without needing to lug around much stuff), is to put on some statement earrings or a statement necklace. The best part is how easy this is to throw in your purse throughout the work day. I had my shorts and earrings with me all day and just had to have a small bag for my wedges. Easy!

Have a great weekend everyone! See you back here on Monday.
If you follow along on instagram you'll know that I cut my hair on last week (eek!) and Monday's post will be my first one that shows my new hair!

Linking up with:

friday finds
fab favorites
casual friday
friday favorites
style saturday 

14 comments

  1. These are great tips! Hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    amandabrezovsky.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda!! So glad you liked the post!

      Xo
      Lee

      Delete
  2. Great post! I love the all black and your fishtail braid! Can't wait to see the new hair!

    Brittany,
    www.lawyerlookbook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Brittany!! I'm excited for our upcoming collaboration!! <3

      Xo
      Lee

      Delete
  3. Love this look! I'm always at a loss of what to throw on after work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Britt!! I figured a lot of people are stuck on that, so I hope this post helps people out!

      Xo
      Lee

      Delete
  4. Great post for everybody who is working at the office. Very useful tips! I love your work looks a lot! :)

    Take care and keep in touch!
    Please stop by every Wednesday for Color and Grace Fashion link up! :)

    Grace
    http://colorandgrace.com 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Grace! I'm really glad you think the tips are good!

      I will totally stop by this Wednesday! Xo

      Lee

      Delete
  5. Really love your outfit ! xo
    Can we follow each other ? Let me know on my blog and I will follow back immediately xo

    BLOG | GorisHelena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Helena! Hope you are having a good weekend

      Xo
      Lee

      Delete
  6. Lovely bag :)
    BLOG M&M FASHION BITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your office to night look! Fabulous!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it Jacqueline!!

      Xo

      Lee

      Delete

© LegalLee Blonde

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig