1 Easy Trick to Liven Up a Basic Work Blouse

1-easy-trick-to-update-a-boring-shirtwhat-to-wear-to-work-this-spring
summer-flat-white-shoes
fashion-hack-button-down-shirthow-to-update-your-work-look-without-spending-moneyhow-to-update-your-work-outfits


Blouse // Pants // Similar Flats // Similar Handbag // Similar Earrings (1), (2), (3) // Lipstick- in "pink pearl pop"
 
Do you like my embellished collar shirt? Embellishments are everywhere this season, and are a great way to add some more glamour to a basic work look. Instead of spending money on yet another blouse, you can achieve this look with a little DIY!

This embellished shirt is actually a plain shirt which I have added a pair of stud earrings to. You can attach any pair of stud earrings to your collar (the bigger the better though) to temporarily give yourself an embellished shirt. I love this trick and have done it with so many of my collared shirts.

I purchased the pants you see here from Old Navy online a few weeks back. I used the EBates program I have mentioned to you before. Seriously, it is the easiest way to get a bit of extra cash. You get money back from purchases you'd be making anyway! I've now received two cheques from EBates and I love it! There is no "catch" and no cost to sign up. You can sign up here.

I've been working on updating my apartment for spring this week, and it has been a bit more of an undertaking than I expected! I bought a beautiful piece of art work (you can see it in this post) but the actual wooden frame is crooked and it's driving me crazy! Any brilliant ideas for how to fix it would be much appreciated! Have a great weekend everyone.


16 comments

  1. Genius idea, instant embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara! It's such a fun way to change your look instantly! I do it all the time.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful Look!! I Lovely!
    www.byanak.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like it =)
    kisses Blamod
    new articles
    http://blamod.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's a great idea for switching up a plain blouse!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darcy! It's definitely a fun lil DIY!

      Delete
  5. I'm a huge fan of the embellished shirt/blouse! This one is just perfect with your ensemble and flats! Very chic!

    -Katie
    http://hellokatiegirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes love this idea! I did that once with a bunch of cheapie earring studs from forever 21 and put them all over the collar of my blouse and it was the cutest thing! So fun!

    -Stefanie
    Http://www.thestylesafari.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOO I love the idea of putting them all over the collar - so cute!

      XO

      Delete
  7. How fun to add some studded earrings to your shirt collar!

    Thank you for joining TBT Fashion link up and hope to see you next week. Have a great weekend!

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete

© LegalLee Blonde

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig