90's Girl Boss

how to style the nineties trend for work
look alike celine sunglasses
velvet choker necklacesammy dress black heelshow to wear jogger pants for work
Similar Shirt here & here // Pants // Shoes c/o // Necklace c/o // Sunglasses- the designer version & dupes

Ever since 90s fashion came back as a trend earlier this year, I've dabbled with the idea of incorporating styles - like the choker necklace - into a work day look. So, with this outfit, I finally pulled the trigger on that idea - and I love the result! I felt like a complete boss circa 1994 in this outfit - think Sarah Michelle Gellar at a press conference haha.

The choker necklace is obviously the central piece of this look (it's so fun!) but I also wanted to keep the 90s vibe alive by sticking with flowy materials and fabrics - a 90s staple. Pairing this loose shirt with these work day track pants definitely gave me the look I wanted.

I added in my favorite Chloe dupe sunglasses and some killer statement heels just to feel extra tough. Something about killer shoes & sunnies just makes me feel more confident! 

What do you guys think of this look?! Did I succeed in making the 90s trend work appropriate? Would you wear 90s style to work? I would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below! Have a great work day everyone.

16 comments

  1. Love this outfit. Great for the office 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute minimalist look!
    http://layersofchic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a very different style than what I usually wear, but I really liked it!

      Delete
  3. Love those lace up heels - they make such a statement with the black and white outfit :)


    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are not the most comfortable but I adore them anyway!

      Delete
  4. The heels are perfect with this outfit! :)

    Not just for work, but also for cocktails after! :D

    YouTube | Blog: Geekette in High Heels | Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Natassia! And totally! I love these as 'date night heels' as well!

      Delete
  5. Love this classic outfit!! So reminds me of Clueless!

    xo Lauren
    http://www.earthtostyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha YES I love that it reminds you of clueless - that is such a wicked compliment!! Thank you! XO

      Delete
  6. love this look and those SHOES! :D pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this classic look! Those pants are fantastic!!

    xx, Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually say no to slacks because they seem unflattering, but DANG those look so cute!

    xo,
    Lauryn
    www.laurynncakes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! and i totally agree - I love them when I see them on runways and then I put them on and think "NOOOOOOO" lol! but these were just too comfy to pass up! Glad you think they look cute!! XO

      Delete

© LegalLee Blonde

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig