How to Shop the Nordstrom Sale if you are in Canada

~ My favorite purchases from last year's #Nsale~
~ See the full posts of the above outfits here, here & here~


For anyone that doesn't know, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale starts Early Access tomorrow! So, I thought I would give you guys a post on shopping the sale. Here goes: 

What is it?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale (aka. the #NSale) is an annual sale in which Nordstrom releases new fall merchandise at ridiculously discounted prices. This is different than any other sale out there, because these are not last season's items. These are brand new items from some of the biggest designers (think Tory Burch, Kate Spade, Sam Edelman) that are on sale for a few weeks only before going back up to regular retail prices. This sale is thus the BEST way to do your fall shopping! 

When Does it Start?
The #Nsale starts early access tomorrow- July 14, 2016. The sale then opens to the general public on July 22 and runs until August 8th; with prices going back up to regular retail at that time.

What is "Early Access" & Can I Shop it?
Early Access runs from the 14th - 21st. To shop early access you have to be a Nordstrom cardholder. They have a credit card (obviously) but also a debit card - which operates exactly like your regular debit card, withdrawing from your bank account. Unfortunately, you cannot get a Nordstrom card (either one) without a U.S. billing address. I called and spoke with customer service at Nordstrom on the weekend to figure out if there was any way Canadians could shop early access. Long story short? no. 

What do I do then if I am Canadian?
If you are Canadian and are stuck waiting until July 22nd to shop the #NSale here are my tips to ensure you still get the items you want: 

1) Review the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Catalog
The catalog is out now and lists a number of items that I am sure will be hugely popular. Go through this now and make a list of the items you want. That way you can search for them and add them to your cart right away on July 22nd.

2) Check your Favorite (American) Fashion Blogs
So many bloggers are obsessed with this sale, that chances are good your favorites will do at least one post on their picks from the sale throughout the early access period. This is another great way for you to see some of the items you may want to get come July 22nd.

3) Prioritize your Items

I know this sounds ridiculous, but items in this sale go FAST. The most popular items (last year that seemed to be the most gorgeous Tory Burch Cross Body) often sell out on the first day. So, once you know some items you already love (from the catalog & your fashion blog research) go and purchase those right away! You can shop the rest of the sale to see if there are other items you want after you have done that.

4) Don't forget the Canadian Dollar!
Once you are on the Nordstrom website you can go under the shipping tab and change your preferences to see the prices in Canadian dollars. This will help you make sure you stay on budget! Also, keep in mind that that shipping to Canada costs $9.95 (as a flat fee).

I hope you found this post helpful and I hope you get all the items you want! I'd love to hear about your wants/purchases - keep me posted via comments (here or on later blog posts!) ! I'll be doing another post in a few weeks with my favorite "wear-to-work" items from the sale - stay tuned for that!  


linking up with: what i wore // style me wednesday // trendy wednesday // throwback thursday // TFF // spotlight 

2 comments

  1. Great tips for us Canadians! I've never shopped at Nordstrom but I think I should start if prices are going to be more favourable. Would love if you can link up to http://the-wardrobe-stylist.com/2016/07/11/summer-essentials-to-survive/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! And yes you definitely should check the sale out!! I just finished all my purchases (i'll have them up for review on the blog next week!) and I was definitely impressed with the deals!
      XO

      Delete

© LegalLee Blonde

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig