WDLBD - aka. your Work Day Little Black Dress

black office dress with peplum waistblack t-strap pumpsrose gold jewelryblack sweetheart neckline office appropriate dresswork appropriate black peplum dress


Dress c/o // Shoes // Bracelet // Watch // Similar Heart Rings: (1), (2), (3)

A work day little black dress (yeah that's right - I felt the need to acronym that into WDLBD haha) is a wardrobe essential. A black dress will always be a great choice for the office - it is a classic, professional look. 

This peplum dress is the perfect WDLBD for many reasons. First, the length is entirely work appropriate. Second, the sweetheart neckline and peplum detail add a fashionable, trendy element to this classic piece. Finally, I love the material of this dress - while it is tight fitted, it is quite thick and so avoids the dreaded 'body-con-at-work' look. 

I am on such a rose gold kick right now, so I paired this WDLBD with rose gold accessories that, again, work for the office. I love my rose gold watch - it is one of most worn items at work. Because I can't always have my cell phone on me (the challenge of being a courtroom lawyer) I definitely like to have a watch at all times.

In other news, I got back into Vancouver yesterday after my vacation at my parents. I'm pretty excited to be back at work (I really love being a lawyer) but I already miss my nieces & nephews. It is certainly tough living away from all my little munchkins! I had a blast with them this past week. Did you catch my instagram story of my niece making fun of me for taking selfies?! The kid cracks me up!! Have a great day everyone!

linking up with: let it shine // shoe & tell // #howisummer // hello monday // mix it mondays // Tuesday fashion party // on trend tuesdays // style swap tuesdays // trend spin // style sessions
   

22 comments

  1. Great dress. Perfect essential piece for the wardrobe.

    Anna xoxo
    www.glamadventure.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Happy almost Friday!
      XO
      Lee

      Delete
  2. Love the LBD! The peplum is such a nice detail!

    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
  3. A LBD is a definite work essential, and I like the peplum too, I have a peplum dress that's wonderful to wear to the office :)


    Away From The Blue Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo sounds pretty! I think all black peplum dresses are just so timeless and perfect for work!

      Delete
  4. I love peplum for the office! It's so appropriate and fashionable at the same time, which is a really hard combination to find. And you can't go wrong with all black!
    -Kristin
    countdowntofridayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! And I know what you mean - finding work wear that is professional but still stylish is SO tough! (Thats pretty much why I started LLB in the first place haha!)
      XOXO

      Delete
  5. Love rose gold too! A black dress is just a must in any closet!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Thanks for stopping by! XOX

      Delete
  6. super cute outfit! what a great dress! those shoes look adorable too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty and classy dress! Would love this for church and for some work meetings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura!! And totally! I think it would look so great in a light color for summer too!

      Delete
  8. Such a pretty dress- you look stunning!!! Stopping by from the Trend Spin Link-Up!

    -Adriele
    StyleAssisted.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adriele! And thanks for stopping by! XOX

      Delete
  9. This is such a great little black dress, and I love the peplum detail! It looks beautiful on you!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachael! You are so kind! XOXOX

      Delete
  10. Peplum silos are always so flattering; this suits you like a glove! Gorgeous look!

    XO, alice / T Y P E N U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so kind- thank you Alice!!

      Delete
  11. That's such a flattering dress on you, and I love how work appropriate it is while still being so flattering! I've been all into rose gold too lately; your watch stood out to me in the pictures! Lovely!
    Emily
    http://darlingdearestblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emily! Isnt it such a fun watch - and it was under $30!! I wear it so often!
      XOXOX

      Delete

© LegalLee Blonde

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig