I can't believe it has already been a month since my girls trip to Vegas!! It was the best trip of my life so far - even better than The Yacht Week last summer which was pretty darn amazing. With this trip it just seemed that at every turn Vegas managed to out-Vegas itself - everything was bigger, louder & crazier than I could have imagined. For today's post I thought I'd give you a mini recap of my trip (according to my iPhone).
We arrived in Vegas Friday evening and went straight to check in to our hotel. We stayed at the Monte Carlo, which was perfect. We wanted to be right on the strip - and near all the hotels we wanted to go to (since literally going to a club in the hotel right next door can be a 20 min walk since the hotels are so massive!). Monte Carlo is a bit older (so fit within our price range!) but still had the central location.
** I couldn't resist snapping a pic of our "shoe collection". The 4 of us girls went CARRY ON on this trip and still managed to produce this many shoes. We are basically packing ninjas**
**Outside our hotel**
As soon as we checked in we got our butts to OMNIA night club at Caesars Palace. OMNIA was a really interesting club. We got taken straight to one of the booths on the top level and spent the night partying there. The actual club is on multi-levels with this big moving chandelier type thing in the middle. Armin Van Buuren was playing the night we went and he was great!
Now, the best part of Vegas, in my opinion, are the day parties. Don't get me wrong, the nightclubs are amazing, but I have been to many cities around the world with great nightclubs. What made Vegas unique was the day parties. On Saturday we went to Wet Republic at the MGM Grand. After what was a giant unorganized mess of a "line" trying to get in, the actual pool party was really great. We spent some time in a booth by the main pool, and then the rest of the day in cabana a bit higher up, which was away from the DJ but had it's own mini-pool! Basically a hot tub, but filled with cold water. This cabana set up was probably my favourite of all them. Calvin Harris was the DJ and he was really great.
**Outfits: my swimsuit: here, similar body chains: here, here and here **
Saturday night we saw the Cirque du Soleil show "Zumanity". ... Funny story, we actually slept through the 7pm show that we had tickets for (... a little too much fun at Wet Republic I guess!) and woke up in a panic at 8pm. Luckily, we went to the box office and they were SO kind and just gave us tickets to the 10pm show instead. The show was really interesting and had some incredible acrobats. I highly recommend it!
After Cirque we went to Hakkasan night club (back at the MGM Grand). This was actually my least favourite night club - it felt very cramped - basically like every night club here in North America. However, Tiesto was DJ'ing and he was absolutely amazing!! Definitely my favourite DJ set from the trip!
Sunday, we went to Encore Beach Club. Again, I absolutely loved the day pool party scene; far more "me" than the club scene I guess. David Guetta DJ'd and he was pretty good. I really liked this club since we spent a lot of time bouncing around between different cabanas.
** Encore Beach Club**
** Outfit: Swimsuit, very similar: here, Statement necklace, similar: here and here, Sunglasses, similar: here. On Lauren: Swimsuit, similar: here, Sunglasses, here **
Sunday night we went to XS - which has a "Sunday night swim" so the club is set up outside around the pool. It was awesome to be night clubbing but in the fresh, cool air!! Zed, who I had never heard of before, was the DJ. He was a bit too electronic / techno-y for my taste, but it was still fun. The Sunday Night swim at XS was definitely my favourite part of the Vegas trip and I definitely recommend going to this if you are there on a Sunday!
** XS Sunday Night Swim**
Monday, our last day, we just explored the strip! Checked out as many hotel lobbies as we could and even did a bit of gambling! I only play Roulette, but I had SO much fun doing that. I am not much of a gambler as I was only willing to part with $5 for gambling purposes, LOL, but I turned that $5 into $27 so I was deliriously happy!
Overall, the trip was unreal. I laughed more than I ever thought possible, drank a ton, danced even more.
Some random thoughts & tips if you are heading to Vegas:
1) DON'T bother buying/bringing sunscreen - the pool party clubs have sunscreen in all the cabanas.. and if you/your friends aren't placed in a cabana, I am also told that you can just go to the lost and found and they will give you a lost sunscreen.
2) DO bring your most glam outfits. It is absolutely normal to wear heels and a statement necklace with your bikini while at the pool parties.
3) DON'T plan on more than one club per night. It is just not do-able given how far away the clubs are from each other
4) DO hashtag "vegas" or "lasvegasclub" or other similar things on a social media post when you arrive. Recruiters for the clubs search these and will leave info on different clubs (and how to get on their guest list) on the photo. This is great if you are a Vegas first-timer and don't know any of the recruiters. Trust me, you need a recruiter to get you in the clubs, otherwise you are looking at lineups an hour or longer!
5) DON'T miss out on the pool parties! I swear they are better than the nightclubs!
6) DO take a day to walk the strip going in to a bunch of the hotels lobbies/casinos just to check them out. They truly are stunning. My "must sees" are: Caesar's Palace, the Venetian, Paris, Aria, & Cosmopolitan.
Linking up with:
casual friday linkup
fab favourites linkup
friday favourites link up
friday finds link party
let it shine